CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Inspired

It's been a while since I last got inspired by anything other than from Plato, Descarte or some other form of Cartesians theology or anything from Foucault or Marxist's theory. Come to think about it, I am still quite clueless as to what all that were mentioned above are.... I suppose I will have a lifetime to figure out what they were talking about, or better yet; I'll just wipe them all clean as soon as I graduate.

Was You-tubing a couple days back when I heard Miley Cyrus, The Climb. For some reason, that song kinda soften me a little. Not so much of the music more of the lyric I suppose. A kind and gentle reminder that somehow I have more obstacles in front waiting for me and that if I think this is bad, there are worst.... Yeap, I'm a cynical sadist. I am currently lamenting on the death of my journalistic writing. No more flowery metaphors, or interesting acronyms. My creative writing has officially been killed. Everything that I am writing now seem to be formal and structured. To be honest, I hate it. Whatever happen to all my beautiful words of insults and sarcastic comments.

I feel so mellow right now. Cant bring myself to do anything. Plato's reading is the last thing I feel like doing, but I have to. Ah, if only the philosophers realize that forcing does not bring any good to anyone. Since they are so enlightened they should have realize this fact by now. I would really like to go back in time and point this out to them. What were they thinking? Why can't they just live like any normal average person instead of coming up far-fetched theories to make sense of life. Life does not make sense, period, never did, never will. Why ask questions when you do not and cannot have an answers for? Why do we have to categorize everything in this world? Why do we have to define everything we do? Can't we just do something because we do... How can we make sense of things, when in the first place it does not make sense.

Oh yea, I am not exactly making all these questions up. We actually did discuss these questions in class. If you are thinking that we are having some kind of heart-felt conversations with each other, you are dead wrong. Because as my lecturer puts it, "the questions itself is wrong, how can you possibly answer it then" Or better yet, "We are not stupid because we do not know the answer, the question is not stupid itself, but the answer itself is stupid."

Right, we have wrong questions and stupid answers in life. If this is what enlightenment feels like, I want no part of it. After all, ignorance is bliss.

Aren't we a confused bunch...

Currently listening to: Olivia Lufkin - Winter Sleep (highly recommended)

0 shoot me!: