CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Cooking tips?!

To be honest, I don't cook that much..In fact I don't have to cook over here at all. But I have to when there are no decent read food laying around some afternoons, or when I am being especially picky of not wanting to eat what was already cook. Yes, yes, I am spoilt rotten by my parents.. My tastebuds have been nurtured since young, eating, tasting and digesting one of the best food hand crafted with love... my mum and dad are good cooks *ah, I am paying you compliments fit for Gods* But yea, I was never under fed when I was young and having been presented with good food most of my life, I have hone my tasting skills to one of the more superior level.

Ok, going out of context here, point is I am not a good cook, a lousy one at that, but I am damn fussy and I am a freaking good food critic. *cough, if I may say so myself*

So yea, having only to cook minimal and simple dishes, I suppose I still have to do my share when I am staying over at a friend's house. So yea, during a short cooking session with Teewai, I have a few facts to jot down as reminder...

Point 1: Do not steam stuff with a thermos bowl, cup. Just don't, cause you can steam whatever it is for a gazillion times, you will only manage to get the top part cooked.

Point 2: If you steam something for more than 2 times and it still ends of uncooked, most likely it's not going to work for the third time either, during these times, the microwave might be quite useful...depending on the dish u are making-lah!

Point 3: Always to remember to add sugar in your pancake mix. Else it would end up tastless or salty....

Point 4: Every kitchen needs a measuring cup. Yes Teewai, Win will go shopping for you while you are not here. No more measuring milk using mineral water bottle...

Point 5: Always beat the eggs evenly first before mixing it with other stuff. I noticed semi beaten eggs will remain semi beaten, no matter how much i continue to beat them after adding them into other mixtures. *this one is my bad*

But all in all, I managed to make my dessert *glee, glee* on my first attempt. Cis, it's a simply dish but still even my mum did not get it right, but I did. *yay me!*

Ahh, will post pics soon...The pics are with TY....

1 shoot me!:

CaRoLinE said...

whuahuahua... some fussy peaky friend here finally success in her cooking...lolz. 'clap' 'clap' XD